Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
while loving someone deeply gives you courage. "
-Lao Tzu
She was so happy to see me, I loved it:)
She can always make me smile


This post is going to be super short, because we leave at 330am to catch our flight to New Delhi! The next three days will be packed with sight seeing and I'm super excited!
It was great to be back with the kids, I really really missed them so play time was amazing and dinner back up on the roof was absolutely amazing (sorry for the use of that word over and over on this blog, it just applies to so many things!). Tonight we did highs and lows and what we've learned and it was super touching. Everyone said something different, it was so cool to see how everyone is growing and changing and how we've managed to grow together. We've all become so close and have such a great dynamic. What took place the past few days could not have happened without all the different combined personalities. I will always have a special deep connection with this group of people because we have been through so many things together that noone will understand until they have lived it for themselves.

Low: Falling asleep and missing hot rod on the bus.
High: When the people at the first colony we visited brought us out drinks and flowers, it was such a huge act of compassion and sacrifice to show that they were grateful.
Lesson: I learned about selflessness. Some things are bigger then me, in those colonies helping the people was more important then my own worries or emotions. I needed to be strong and share a smile for them. In those moments I also learned about my own strength when faced with a challenge. I'm so grateful for these lessons.


Some of the girls:)

3 comments:

  1. I agree--You and these girls share something so special :) No one else will completely understand your experiences, but many people will be interested in hearing your stories :) Have fun in New Delhi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing Kenz--We hang on every word and description. And the time is flying. We are all fine here at home. The sun still hides at the beach a lot of the day. But we enjoy the cool when so many are so hot!

    xoxox, & take care--Gma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having fun!!!


    Love Ya!
    -Porter

    ReplyDelete