Monday, July 19, 2010

"Yesterday is history,
tomorrow is a mystery,
and today is a gift
that's why they call it the present."



Today was great, I was in tutoring group again, and we spent the day inventorying and organizing the star store an donated supplies for the school/ For those of you who don't know the star store is here's a short explanation.
A lot of the children who attend RSO's school have been taugh to beg for things because they have so little or their parents used them to beg for money. To combat this RSO came up with the star store. The star store is a room that contains tons of different prizes worth varying amounts of stars. Each week the children have the opportunity to earn 7 stars, one each day. They can then either use them in the stare store, or save them up for a big prize. This teaches the children about smart spending of money and it allows them to earn the things they need. Throughout the day if they do all of their chores, homework, and behave they recieve a star.

So I'm sorry this post is short, but I have a big two days ahead of me and I definitely need some sleep. Tomorrow at 5 we leave for a neighboring state where we will be checking leprosy patients. This colony, however is a large colony, and is new to RSO. They have never seen doctor's before so their wounds and infections will be worse then any that I have seen so far. I know that it will be a life changing experiance. We will work for two days, staying at a hotel one night.


high: Having on of the little girls run up to me, tell me she loved me and giving me a hug. Also finally figuring out skype and talking to my family:)
low: almost slipping and dropping all of the rice on the way to dinner

Hope all is well with everyone!


wwithgreatlovee,
Kenzie

1 comment:

  1. The skype part was on my list of 'highs' for today too!!

    Can't wait to hear from you when you return from the jungle :-)

    ReplyDelete