Friday, July 30, 2010

Tuesday

"Each relationship between two persons is absolutely unique. That is why you cannot love two people the same. It simply is not possible. You love each person differently because of who they are and the uniqueness that they draw out of you."
— William P. Young
 
Today my group was assigned to tutoring. We started the morning off by writing in the children's memory books. The memory books have pictures of the children and they ask the volunteers to write in them, kind of like a baby book that they will recieve when they graduate from the school. Afterwards we went and worked with the children helping them to write letters to their sponsors. The children were so sweet and always wrote how much they loved their sponsors.
 
This meant even more because my family and I are now sponsoring a little boy, Aravind Raj. It's funny to me because in the past I've always seen those commercials on tv about sponsoring children around the world and I've always just changed the channel and thought it was a scam. But being here it is so different, I love being able to see exactly where the money is going and knowing that it is truly going to the children and their education. It's amazing to think that I'll always have a connection to India and one of it's future leaders. These children have seen so much and they will be the ones to break the stigma. They will be the leaders of the future.

Aravind Raj A.
The rest of my day I was not feeling very well, but I think out of all the places to be sick, being here is really okay. There is no way to blow anything out of proportion or feel bad for yourself when you can see so many people who have worse afflictions and are still happy and full of love!
At dinner we saw the most beautiful sunset.
India is truly a magical place, it's so hard to explain in words all of the beauty around me and the happiness. India has stolen my heart and I never want to leave.
 
with great love,
Kenzie

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the memory book idea!

    And, Aravind could NOT be any more ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete